Total Pageviews

September 30, 2005

A Long Way Down

Quoting Prov. 16:18, "Pride goes before destruction, a haughty spirit before a fall." Those who know me well won't be surprised to know that this is one scripture that I never felt the need to highlight or underline in my Bible. Ahh, God has a way of humbling me though, and you'd think by now I'd get it. I still stumble from time to time and when I fall, I fall hard! Take this blogsite for example.
My fellow blogger and the source of inspiration for me being here was able to set up a site meter at the bottom of the website so I could track my fan base. What a great idea...it even breaks the hits down as to date, hour, length of visit...what a marvel!! I watched wide-eyed as my numbers grew. If ever I wondered if this opportunity to share my thoughts, opinions, dreams, and silliness was worthwhile, the numbers began to rise and confirm that inquiring minds really DID want to know what I had to say. Wow! I even mailed my personal anti-blog (not the hater on the web) and quoted facts and figures to her. She's still not impressed no matter what I say, how many country churches my fellow blogger captures on film, or how many goats my other friendly blogger raises...she just doesn't give a hoot!
Well...the other day was a particularly busy day and every time I checked, the numbers registered higher and higher. Amazing! Last night as I drifted off to sleep, I had a huge revelation. It's tracking my visits which generate larger numbers which feeds my pride and makes me go back to check the numbers again which generate a higher hit rate...you can see where this is going.
I'm my own biggest fan...wouldn't you know!!!

2 comments:

Hoots Musings said...

I downloaded a site meter and a clock for my blog and could not figure out how to get them on there. Sometimes, I can be so blonde!

Anonymous said...

All I can say is that those who are not reading this blog site are missing a real treat!