Total Pageviews

September 21, 2005

Sophie's Choice

I'm sitting here in the middle of the night (when I should be asleep) agonizing over what items I need to take out of harm's way and what can stay. I live in a mobile home built in 1962. It has an aqua sink and stove in the kitchen and a quaint charm that made me love it in spite of it's obvious flaws. Well, we'll see how well it's built in the next few days when Hurricane Rita blows in from Florida. I'm hoping that the leaky roof holds, but this predicament is now totally in God's hands.
I tried wishing the storm to the cornfield but that didn't work. Now I'm stuck with the possibility that I'm not just leaving for a few days to ride out the storm with my grandchildren. There's a chance I won't have anything to come back to. Hence the dilemma over what gets saved and what stays behind to take it's chances with contrary winds. Do I take the yearbooks from high school or the Golden books that I've read to my kids and grandkids? This is pretty much the situation as I was posting a day ago, but now, it's time to make hard decisions and I'm not faring so well.
I'm still believing for a miracle. Please join me!

2 comments:

CottonSr said...

There you go. I'm 150 miles inland and also fretting when I saw the map predicting more than not that the hurricane is going to go over my place as if was a target. Though greatly diminished, the winds would be hurricane force still.

Then I read your blog. Talk about a target. You still seemed to have hope something might accidentally survive.

Granna, you got me off my own small problems for a second, remembering your predicament first hand. I'll remember mine again if it does indeed hit me, but perspective is always good.

Good luck.

Hoots Musings said...

Please be safe and keep us posted.
Praying for you!