Total Pageviews

October 1, 2005

Pieces of the Puzzle

I'm sitting here Saturday a.m. still looking at big bags and boxes of my life that I need to put back in some semblance of order. What a mess!! Read back a few postings ago and these were the things that I chose to make the escape with so that my life would be intact after the storm blew the remnants away. Now, they're just so much stuff that I again have to look at as I determine their importance. I literally had junk that I slammed into the last big sack...would my life have been different if I'd lost Uncle John's Bathroom Reader (three of them) to rain and wind? And my china, the Noritake "Lorelei" pattern that's been discontinued, was none the worse for wear in my hutch where it rode out the storm in a measure of style.
It's interesting to note that the things in our lives move up and down in importance as our perspective changes. I'd still take one or two sacks and boxes, but I sure wasted alot of time and space on things that don't matter much. What a great blessing to have discovered that...and I'm only 57...there's still time to change the way I approach the people, situations, and stuff in my life.
For now, I've got alot of puzzle pieces to put together, and they're all upside down. It's going to be a long day!!

No comments: