Total Pageviews

September 19, 2005

It's Always Something...

I'm back from a quick trip to the Valley to see my sisters. Everyone is well. I got to see the full moon while walking late at night on the beach. The water was warm, breeze was brisk and I could hear blues coming from Wanna Wanna's. Not bad.
Good thing I got to relax a bit because as I was heading home, I began to hear that Hurricane Rita is churning up a mess over by the Keys. Great...just great. Wish I'd studied statistics when I was in school. I'd know what the chances are that we'll take a direct hit. As it is, I'll be forced to choose my destiny with the S.W.A.G. system that my old real estate broker taught me years ago.
It will either come to Houston...or not. If it heads here, I can stay or go. If I stay, I'll by spam, water, bleach (middle sis reminded me of that) and jerky, batteries and candles. Wish I had a wind up flashlight and radio. I'll need to fill the tank, get money, fill the bathtub and washing machine with extra water. Might also need to find a friend to bunk with. If I go somewhere, I need the gas and it wouldn't hurt to use the Spam as a hostess gift. And when do I leave???
In going, I get to make all sorts of decisions about what to take. Family Bibles, baby books, pictures, underwear and lock box with papers I think are important. As much as I second guess every decision I make, this ought to be a trial. There was a woman who left N.O. with her Precious Moments collection and about six other collections...good for her...she'd be hard pressed to replace that stuff. I'll leave the TV. I WILL buy another TV but I wouldn't buy another bunch of Sabino glass. Sabino goes.
Maybe I need to stop blogging and just go pray the storm to the cornfield.

No comments: