Total Pageviews

September 6, 2005

Time Marches On...

Just a bit ago I received an update from CNN stating that Bob Denver, known to millions as Gilligan, passed away at age 70. 70???!!!...can't be!! I remember thinking he was the coolest as Maynard G. Krebs in the old Dobie Gillis series. Hard to believe another icon has fallen by the wayside. It's a little unnerving to lose markers in my own life's timeline. Watching that silly sitcom made me anxious to be a teenager and have the same fun I saw encapsulated in the little 30 minute program. I had the fun, but I don't think I was ever as cool as Maynard. The Gilligan character was funny in his own way, but not as hip as Maynard. Another legend gone...too bad.
Another note to cheer you up...just checked my calendar and you only have 109 shopping days until Christmas...7 paychecks! Don't worry, you don't have to get me anything this year. I have all I need...me and the little black chicken are doing just fine!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Hoots Musings said...

I felt really old when I heard Maynard had died.

God rest his soul. Did you hear what his wife said? This is not verbatim, but essentially she said she lost her best friend in the whole world....sniff...I thought that was so sweet!

Nancy French said...

I don't know who Maynard was, but seven paychecks? That's depressing enough.