Total Pageviews

September 13, 2005

What's New Pussycat?

I amaze myself sometimes.
I actually have very strong convictions and like to think of myself as at least deep enough to carry on an extended conversation on the price of tea in China if necessary. Somewhere along the way I'm losing my attention span though. It is very embarrassing.
I first noticed it several presidential conventions ago. After a few days of rhetoric I was ready for it to be over. The commercials got to be a real source of annoyance, even the ones for my team! Then, we had Desert Storm. After a few weeks, I was ready for it to be over and have America finish up and move on to something different. Seems like that pattern has only grown worse over time. I get all steamed about something, fuss and fret, then, it's all over. Many of my friends and family have been victims of my ranting and raving. It ends as quickly as it begins!
With every major news event whether local (Clara Harris trial) or national (Supreme Court nominees) or global (suffering somewhere), after a few days, I'm ready to hear about something else...especially if the powers that be aren't handling things the way I think they should be.
Let's finish up in New Orleans, fix the power outage in L.A., get Brad and Angelina married, find new judges, and move on...we've got to start planning for the next president!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You are a very good writer. I love your wit.