Total Pageviews

September 26, 2005

Back in the Saddle Again~!

I can't begin to tell the world how grateful I am for all the prayers and thoughts that went out in my behalf. They were supremely answered as I made a long haul to Fredericksburg and back to find that the storm did little more to my neck of the woods than drop some already dead limbs in the yard. I don't think we got much in the way of rain although some who stayed said that the winds did pick up a bit. Some of the mobile homes have their skirting messed up, but we have lattice panels that don't look the worse for wear. God was extremely good to us.
My trip was a 27 hour nightmare that I will never repeat. I won't say I'll never leave again should the warning go out, but as of today, I'd stay and take my chances rather than get involved with that horrific ordeal on the road. I didn't know I could stay awake that long, much less drive that long. Maybe later I'll post the amazing things I saw along the way. My legs were wobbly by the time I arrived in Elgin. I'd left League City at 2:30 a.m. Thursday morning and arrived in Elgin at about 5:30 a.m. Friday morning. I slept for a few hours before going the last two hours to Fredericksburg. I hope others I passed on the road are home safely tonight. Mike came back from Colorado and was waiting for me at my son's home. We had a pleasant trip home which surprised us both.
I'll be back at work tomorrow, Tuesday, and I'll unpack my treasures a little at a time. I've learned the one thing that I know I'll take with me should the situation ever arrive again.............................................Depends!!!

2 comments:

CottonSr said...

I looked everyday for your rearrival. I thought of you when it looked like Galveston sort of got past over. I had the feeling I would read a blog similar to what you just wrote. Am so glad.

We only got 20 mph winds at worst, no damage at all anywhere around. Incredibly pleasant surprise. So, I did stay at home when I saw where it hit.

Anonymous said...

So glad that you are home again, safe and sound, even tho quite travel weary...also relieved that the storm took a different direction and spared your home.