Total Pageviews

October 27, 2005

Belching Crow

This fickle fan is incensed. I said up front I was a fairweather fan and this is why. We came so close to grabbing the brass ring and missed. I don't understand the nuances of plotting a winning ball game; but it seems like it's pretty much just hit all you can and then keep the other team from hitting all they can. This isn't rocket science. By last night, I wondered if their hearts were still in the game. I've seen better action at an American Legion Tournament played by high schoolers. I know, I know...they got the pennant...carried us into a World Series competition...blah, blah, blah. I'm just grouchy enough to say, "If you could be the come back kids and get so far, what happened when it counted??" Obviously, intent doesn't matter as much as performance which is why there is dancing in the streets of Chicago but just a bunch of litter here in Houston.

All that crow I ate the other day...here it comes again!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

My deepest most sincere regards. I really love Texas and am fond of the Astros and Spurs. I am still thinking about the Rangers and Cowboys.

CottonSr said...

It did rather suck and I got and get frustrated. Hank Stram said, show me a good loser and I'll show you a loser. And in our history, for yet another year we have to say that we never won a World Series game.

On the other hand. They were very much in every ball game. How do you come so close game after game and have nothing to show for it? It makes it sting even harder. Chicago didn't do much better actually. They didn't win as much as we just lost.

I do know though, I've had worse times. There is a strong affection for all they accomplished. They had guys too old, too young, too banged up, and did great. I hope our GM is legit.

Anonymous said...

I hate it too,that they didn't win a game....but they are not loosers. Watching those games was some of the best I've ever seen, both the pitching and the hitting! For both teams! The SOX are the champs, but the ASTROS are winners too. Maybe next year we can see the Astros (they will be back) and the Rangers in the WS! Whew....wouldn't that be grand?