Total Pageviews

October 20, 2005

Eating Heart-Healthy Crow

To whatever I said about the Astros in my previous posting I'd just like to add...
NEVERMIND!!!
They boys did us proud and everyone in the Houston area is grinning from ear to ear...well, except for the Fed-Ex delivery guy (who's name I won't mention) who hates the Astros and roots for the New York Yankees. I've already heard of people who were in line late last night at Academy buying up the appropriate shirts to broadcast our new position as World Series contenders. My husband, who boycotted the sports page after Monday night's fiasco, barely looked up from the paper this morning. Enthusiasm is definitely running high. I'm excited too, but I think I'll save my unbridled joy for the Designer Shoe Warehouse 50% off sale.
Go 'Stroes!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Would you like that 'crow' grilled or baked ? With salad? Lite dressing? Yeah, they did good...I'm hoping for a World Series trophy for the Astros.

Hoots Musings said...

Me too...GO STROS!

CottonSr said...

I dreamed about it all night after the one strike away snatched from victory before. And then you have to endure all the reasons why the Astros never ever won it all before, and then why the Cardinals are true champions.

The fact is the Astros had no hitting at all at the beginning of the year, no Berkman, no Bagwell, no Beltran, and a bunch of brand new rookies to take their place.

Beginning June 1 the Astros had the best record in baseball, even three better than the Cardinals.

And guess who won the last two ever games ever played at Busch Stadium. That's right, the National League Champs, Astros. So, we'll call their new stadium Bush Stadium.

They have only just above average hitting even now, but unabashedly the best pitching in baseball, even better than the White Sox. Even then it will be a dogfight.

My youngest, the little all-star, glowed in the dark all night after the victory. If they take the series I'll bring him to Houston for the parade. I've followed them since the days of Turk Farrell, Harry Craft and the Colt .45's.

They've always been great, now their champions. True champions.