Total Pageviews

October 10, 2005

I'm So Confused!

September used to be one of my favorite months. It signaled the beginning of school for the kids again. Surely we didn't have hurricanes after August. Labor day started dove season and that brought some really good eating. Ah, September meant that the heat wouldn't be around for too much longer.
The best reason to look forward to Septmeber, though, was the new television season. No more reruns or dumb throw away programs. Wow! Start off the month with the Jerry Lewis telethon and go right in to the Miss America pageant; always pulled for Miss Texas. Then the new westerns, law shows, sitcoms, variety shows and we could expect some sort of ground breaking show. Remeber "Love, Sidney" with Tony Randall? He was gay. Didn't last back then. Remember the one I think named Julia with a single black mother who was a nurse raising a little boy? Courtship of Eddie's Father was a dad with custody. Then came Angie Dickinson as a cop...girl with loaded gun. Who can forget the Smothers Brothers Comedy Hour and Laugh In? We've seen alot of changes.
Which brings me to my confusion. I like knowing what's on TV so I can plan my weeknights around the few shows I really want to watch. Nowadays, they not only move shows around from different times and nights, they're showing reruns already in case you missed the show at it's set time and night. I never know what I'm going to see on Lost or desperate Housewives...new?? rerun?? stay tuned for next week?? I guess I must like the surprise though, it's not like I don't have a TV guide (that's as confusing as my phone bill) or the cable viewing guide. I just need to get my routine down so I know when I'm free to talk to real people again.

No comments: