Total Pageviews

December 22, 2005

Intelligent Resign

Well, a judge has decided that the "Intelligent Design" theory can't be legally taught in school as it violates the separation of church and state. Isn't that nice? I'm sure the founding fathers are just spinning in their graves! In light of the world news...whether you can believe all of it or not...I would think that mankind would be flocking to the intelligent Design/Higher Power/God As You Understand Him ideology. I'm speaking here in broad generalities of course, but I'm glad to have faith in God Almighty and His word that proclaims that He's in control. I'm glad that I have promises for His blessings to overtake me and for my children, who are taught of the Lord, to have great peace.

Is the world really going to hell in a handbasket? Seems that way. I think if you talked to some 80 and 90 year olds they would tell you that life today is hugely different from what they knew growing up in the early part of the 20th century. We've seen an explosion of knowledge in every area of science and industry. You'd think that would be a good thing! Until you hear about man harnessing the ability to create test tube lives and instigate death as an act of mercy. You'd think that our instant access to the world would be wonderful until you read about a child kidnapped by an online predator. You'd think that tolerance would be a desirable trait until you witness someone who's religion we honor beheading one of our own countrymen over religious differences.

I don't want to be in this world if there's not an Intelligent Designer in heaven directing our world toward His perfectly planned outcome. I admire the advances made by my fellow humans. However, without the Devine touch, it's just cold science. While science benefits humanity, it doesn't express comfort, encourage my heart, or love me. A world of science only? I'd rather resign!!

No comments: