Total Pageviews

December 25, 2005

Christmas A.M. ~ 2005

Merry Christmas! I slept until about 8:00 this morning. You can do that once the kids are grown providing they haven't come home with grandchildren for the holidays. I miss those sleepy Christmas mornings watching the kids bright eyes take in the Santa loot left under the tree while waiting for the coffee to kick in. It's just not the same without the joy of the 10 and under crowd! As it is, I woke up to coffee and the newspaper and the Three Stooges on TV...Mikey beat me to the remote!!
Mikey gave me a present. This is the first year I actually didn't get him anything because we agreed we wouldn't until after Christmas. He cheated!!! But I'm grateful for the new blouse and slacks he and Jeff gave me. It's the first time he's bought me clothes in years. The last time he did, he got me a pair of slacks and a couple of tops in a size medium. I still have them hanging in the closet. I was so touched that he thought I was a size medium that I never took them back. One day I'll wear them!!! This year, he got the blouse the right size and I'm not commenting on the size of the slacks. If they fit, I'm wiring my mouth shut until the weight comes off. Woe be unto him if he really thinks I'm that big and they don't fit! Stay tuned!
James and his family were still opening presents when we called them. We'll see Joe and Faith in a couple of hours. We're eating fried shrimp with them...mmm! Jeff checked in from Tennessee early this morning and said he's doing well up there but missed being here with us for Christmas. All is well in the Lacy household.
Peace may not be evident in all the world, but it's a good day in my little corner of it. God bless us everyone!

2 comments:

Hoots Musings said...

Howdy Granna!
We did not exchange much this year either. Actually it was nice not to have the pressure of buying. We did small things and we are not experiencing any trauma over the gifts given and received.

It doesn't matter to me if I get a thing. All that does matter to me is that my husband loves me, and my kids do too. I have a son who considers me dead, the blessing of all your children checking in is indeed just that.

I hope 2006 is better for you and for me.

Hoots

CottonSr said...

I had a great Christmas with my goats. They loved the red berries on the green yaupon I got them.

Glad you had a great Christmas.