Total Pageviews

August 16, 2005

Okay...I'm drunk with the power of the keyboard! I thought that I'd found my niche when a friend set up karaoke at the American Legion and I could sing Carly Simon. Online journaling may soon overtake my love affair with amplification and CD-G music. I should probably use some restraint with postings as this really is the height of expressive egoism. My thoughts, my blogsite, and plenty of space for all of the pontificating falderol I can possibly squeeze out. Lucky for me, I have a good friend who will burst my bubble of pride on a regular basis and keep me grounded. Lucky for me too, she's out of town for a few days and I'll be well into blogging before she can stop me! Too bad I'm not burning calories doing this, it'd be a perfect pastime.
One thing I have noticed in writing lately, is how the rules of grammar elude me. I know that I have dangling participles all over the place and I sometimes take spelling shortcuts. I see sentences ending with prepositions that may be wrong but just sound so right! In the back of my mind, I can still hear all of those English teachers reciting verb conjugations and proper tenses along with the sound of chalk scraping out the diagram of a sentence on the board. While I can deftly spell antidisestablishmentarianism, I'm stumped over whether my pen is laying on the table or lying on the table. Maybe this open writing assignment will help me sharpen my grammatical skills. We'll just have to wait and see...it's not like there's someone out there with a red pen!!

1 comment:

Hoots Musings said...

With red pen in hand, I give you an A+!