Total Pageviews

August 16, 2005

Ohmygosh! I posted my first little ditty and it's taken me this long to figure out how to get back in and write some more!! Still working on the picture thing too. Hang with me, I'll get there!
I was watching TV the other day and noticed that two stores are using little kids doing this hip hop stuff and rapping dialogue (if that's what it's called) to promote their new school clothes. I decided that I'm not cool. First off, I can barely understand what they're saying. I definitely heard the word "flyest" as an adjective. I'm slow, but not so ignorant that I didn't get the drift that the word means "cool" or "neato." Our language has had a rough time keeping up the pace with our fast changing world so making up new words or giving old words new meanings has become necessary. How often can you say, "This outfit is cool" before no one listens anymore? (Remember "Have a nice day" or "I love this") Since I've been around, things have gone from hip>cool>fine>boss>groovy>neato>rad>dynomite>hot>cold>fly. I'm sure I skipped some! Where do we go from here for the next adjective that lets the world know that you're in, up, happening...good grief!!...it never ends!

2 comments:

CottonSr said...

Rather cute. Guess I helped spur you on. I'm not up to saying so much yet. Just setting up for now.

Probably will be rather fun.

Hoots Musings said...

I get confused enough as it is without rap!

Just let me be the person God made me to be, sans the rap!