Total Pageviews

August 13, 2005

Greetings!
Welcome to my first post on my first blog! What a great advance in technology that all the world is now capable of benefitting from my opinions on just about anything. Be warned, I have plenty of opinions but the good news is that they're free. You're invited to post comments and share your opinion of my opinion as long as you keep it clean and concise. I promise I'm not reading a 20 page response and you'll likely as not be deleted!! Enough about you...let's talk about ME! I'm a post-WWII boomer wondering what the heck happened! Pushing 60 is amazing. I grew up in the Lower Rio Grande Valley where we had lots of sunshine and the seasons were disporportionate to what the rest of the world enjoyed. Lots of summer, spring and fall shared a few weeks and then a couple of blue northers rounded off winter. Blue northers where the temperature dipped below freezing were the only times girls were allowed to wear slacks to school. My, my how times have changed! I grew up Baptist in an age where most of us grew up "something." I felt sorry for the two or three people who's parents didn't take them to church. Although I was begged by my mom to go to college, I decided to work and save for my MRS degree instead of a BA...bad choice there. I moved to the Clear Lake area, worked for a NASA contractor, married, had three boys, raised them up to be fine young men, was a fixture as a volunteer at their schools, at church and at the American Legion. No more ups and downs than most...no big story of conquering some big adversity. The biggest thing I have to conquer at this point is the extra weight that has managed to sneak up when I wasn't looking. I don't mind being identified with the conservatives, the religious, the right or the patriotic. I love light jazz, Southern and Contemporary gospel, Muzak, old movies and comedies, sitcoms (some of them), daisies, family, and yakking with old friends. I'll soon post pictures and get into rambling on all sorts of stuff, but for now, at least you have an idea of what to expect. Let's be friends!

1 comment:

Hoots Musings said...

Great blog thus far. I will be back to see what is up on Granna Sez.

Thanks for you post, I will write you soon via email!

Karen aka Hoots