Total Pageviews

August 17, 2005

I just finished checking my bank account...another fun thing I can do online. Don't bother with the warnings about someone stealing my identity. Anyone that dumb deserves it. I went through the process of getting into that online bill pay thing and it's not bad. I've discovered that it's way faster to click a button than to sit down, wade through 15 little sale circulars, write out checks, find stamps while feeling my blood pressure soar. I don't like numbers, never have, never will. They have been a mystery to me since 3rd grade when Mrs. McConnell began with multiplication and division.
My aversion escalated in high school with algebra and geometry. Algebra was a complete waste of time. Had it not been for Johnny Tarius sitting behind me, I'd have flunked the course completely. Taking the alphabet and the numbers from 0-9 and tossing them together like so much lettuce and tomatoes was a curious idea to begin with. At least with the lettuce and tomatoes I could end up with salad; with numbers and letters I usually wound up with a big, fat "D" or worse! Geometry was another matter. For some reason, I did very well in that class. Maybe because I learn visually, maybe it was the teacher, maybe I gave this one subject more of my potential (which I was told I was wasting). At any rate, I got through the math just enough to graduate. I don't use much of it these days, especially since I no longer have to figure out what one can of corn is if they're on sale at 3 cans for $1.00. Unit pricing solved that issue!
Back to the bank account. I'm temporarily solvent if the computer can be believed so I'll breath easy for awhile. But if you're holding one of my checks, you'd better hurry to the bank.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love it. You have a way with words. Please give me credit for getting you into this. I want my reward now and not later. Thanks!