Total Pageviews

November 23, 2005

Walk a Mile in His BrunoMagli's

This morning I'm feeling so much pity for Tom Cruise! What?...sorrow for an ultra rich movie actor with a gorgeous girl, great career, and tolerably easy on the eyes? Yep, I say I'm feeling pity for the poor dear.

You see, as Christmas approaches, I'm stewing here over who needs to stay on my gift list, what gift will I give them, and how I will pay for all this stuff. Not such a big deal. The kids love books and toys (no underwear, please), Jeff will always take $$$, Mike is content with a carton of cigarettes or new socks. My Christmas is pretty mundane in the gift giving department.

But poor Tom...what a crisis he's had to face this season!! He's pretty much tapped out his creative resources when it comes to gift giving. He's given Katie a child (out of wedlock but isn't that splitting hairs these days?), a 20 million dollar jet (who wouldn't love one of those in the driveway) so what could he do to top that? I heard this morning that he thought of something! He's buying Katie her very own ultrasound machine! In a gesture of charity, he's noted that it will be donated to a hospital somewhere when they're through with it. How nice. The baby will now be bombarded with soundwaves whenever mom and dad want to take a looksee. Can't a baby get any privacy anymore? I'm not sure if it's even healthy for a baby to have soundwaves shot at them on a whim. Maybe there's a doctor or nurse out there that will weigh in on that aspect.

As it is, just when I thought I had gift giving issues, I can face Christmas knowing I don't have to think of a gift to top an ultrasound machine or a jet for that special someone on my list. Ahh, I love this season!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I wish you a Happy Thanksgiving! My prayer is that you have a wonderful time with your kids and grandkids and safety during your travels.