Total Pageviews

November 22, 2005

My Favorite Things

Yesterday afternoon was Oprah's "Favorite Things" show. We had thought we might waste a few minutes watching but we had a closing and had to do what they actually pay us for. So I missed seeing what Oprah's faves were for 2005. It did make me think about what my favorite things are. What with it being Thanksgiving and the Christmas season already being sung about, I made a list of MY favorite things. I'm leaving Jesus off the list as He's naturally #1, family is #2, freedom #3. I'm really talking about much more mundane things that make my life happy and bring a smile to my face.
1. Daisies - there's something about daisies in a garden that makes me happy
2. Prisms - I think from the first time I saw Pollyanna, I've loved prisms; I even like saying the word, "prism". I love the rainbows they make.
3. Cellophane paper - from along time ago. It was fun to look through and it tasted funny. Why I ever put it in my mouth, I'll never know.
4. Pins - there were these little pins in the form of clothes pins and you clipped them on the collars of your blouses. I loved those things! Circle pins too!
5. My kids VBS and school work. Still have some of their ornaments.
6. Fizzies - I think I liked the root beer the best.
7. Eating off campus at Foster Tebbe's grocery store - elementary kids were turned loose to leave the campus at Travis and go eat there or at Dairy Queen. I can still taste those hot dogs and cokes...$.15 for both!...and money left over for candy!!
8. Little Women - loved the book and both of the movies
9. End time eschatology - I was born the same year as Israel. I'm looking up and I love to talk about it, read about it, and listen to sermons about it.
10. Oven toast - nothing else comes close!
11. Singing - I'll be croaking along with Lawrence Welk in a nursing home in my 90's.
12. Bright clothes - love it more if it has a sequin on it!
13. Going to sleep with easy listening (elevator) music - John Tesh rocks!
14. Sheets dried on a clothes line
15. Swings
16. Starbucks Caramel Macchiato (sic?)
17. Driving by myself
18. Walking on the beach - hate doing it anywhere else
19. Sweet iced tea with mint
20. Being right! - best feeling ever!!!

I've got more I'm sure, but you get the idea. That's the wonderful thing about blogging, I've got the platform to go on and on and on. Be grateful I stopped with just 20!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Brand new pens (blue ink only) and a notebook paper
The smell of clean, wet laundry
Ooo. . . .and packages sent from home.

Love your Blogs! I read Dad's and then yours. Morning ritual.

Anonymous said...

size 8 dress (20 yrs. ago...UGH!), fresh flower bouquet, smell of mowed grass, old family recipes (from anyone's family)...if you would like to share an old family recipe, please email it to MyrnaBrogdon@aol.com :=) I'm on a cooking spree and Gayle, my husband, is still in shock!

Have same ritual like Amy and Marlie.