Total Pageviews

September 4, 2006

A Rose By Any Other Name

Not that I listen to her advice on blogging, but Baby Sis has informed me that I need to update my picture, talk more about real estate since that is what makes me money, and rename my blog site as "GrannaSez" doesn't convey much interest. So ~
I'll be emailing an updated picture to my very generous friend who knows how to do these things (get ready anonymous pastor).
If you don't know, I sell real estate on South Padre Island. If you're interested in fleshing out your portfolio, I'm the one to help you. Right now you can still buy some stuff for under $100,000 but I'm not so sure you'll be able to do that much longer. The more you spend, the more I make and the sooner I get my own place (which might just be Baby Sis's motivation to have me mention my work more often in here). Have I piqued your curiosity? Post any interest here in the comment section and I'll get in touch with you.
Thirdly, when my grandchildren were born, I discovered that I couldn't abide being called anything that sounded old. I toyed with "Big Mama" because that was my grandmother's name. I figured right away that Mikey would have way too much easy fun at my expense so I jettisoned that one. Didn't like Grandma, Granny, Mamaw or anything like that...no offense to anyone who goes by that name. I picked "Granna" because it rhymed with my granddaughter's name and because it sounded a little sassier. The "sez" part just came because I always have something to say and am quick to offer an opinion...wanted or not. So...having explained the name of my blog, I'm certainly open to renaming it if anyone can come up with something that conveys the essence of me and makes readers want to stop and check out my blogsite.
Let the games begin!

3 comments:

Hoots Musings said...

Your new photo is so much more hip than the other one!

You go GIRL!

How does that sound for a blog name?

Anonymous said...

You could keep GrannaSez to relate personal blogs and add another for South Padre Island (South Texas) adventures. Just a thought.

How about "SPI On Me" for a name?

Anonymous said...

Hey, I like the picture you have now! Any new change has to make you look older and who wants that? I have to get my license renewed this month and am debating on whether to do it on line or get a new picture. The old one is the pits, but are drivers license pictures ever good?