Total Pageviews

May 14, 2007

Does It Work?

I've been advised by several emails that tomorrow is the day to boycott gas stations (again!). I bought enough gas this morning to coast a little farther along for a couple of days. I was wondering if these boycotts really work. The email said it did, but I would think that if it was a significant amount of money lost, we'd see it on the news or in the papers. I haven't seen it mentioned either place...just online. Remember waiting for hours to pay $.70 per gallon? I never dreamed I'd look back on that as the good old days! With gas over $3.00 a gallon now, I'll do my part and not buy gas tomorrow and hope that someone notices. We'll see what Dave Ward says about it tonite at 10!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't think it works.......the oil and gas companies are still reporting record profits! We are such creatures of habit, you know we'll get in the car,truck,or SUV and drive wherever we want to go! WE may curb our spending elsewhere, but we won't do without our vehicles. A better test would be to have everyone only drive their cars 4 days out of 7. I wonder if that would have any impact? It would certainly be an adjustment in our habits!

...BonneyJo said...

I think the thing that works is to boycott several days in a row. That way, their reserve tanks fill up and they have no where to store any more gasoline. Therefore, they have to shut down their own production and lose money.

The other tactic is just to purchase oil company stock and enjoy the record profits.