Total Pageviews

May 31, 2007

Clothes Call

No. 3 son is moving back home. Normally that wouldn't be a problem, but this time it is. I don't know how it happened, but when I embarked on my fantasy year selling real estate on beautiful South Padre Island with Baby Sister, I packed nearly all of my wearable clothes and headed south. While there, I bought a few things so I'd fit in better. I'd been advised that I needed to not look like an old lady. So I bought a few things. Fast forward to my move home and the Blazer was filled to the ceiling and doors with the things I'd taken down there, plus the clothes I had taken with me and the few things I'd bought...so I wouldn't look like an old lady. Once home I found myself shoving clothes into my old closet, part of Mike's closet, and the empty closet in the spare bedroom. Then No. 3 son dropped by and proceeded to empty the spare closet and now I have a 4 foot pile of clothes across the spare bed. Where did this stuff come from? My wedding dress I remember but what about this other stuff?
The girls at the office say if I haven't worn something for a year, throw it out. One of my Legion buddy's said toss after two years. I have my pettipants from 1966! Do you really think I'll throw away that cute short set from the 80's? Or the really nice jackets that didn't fit when they were given to me but might if I stick to my diet and join a gym? And what would I do if I took up quilting like my grandmother used to do and needed clothes to make the pieces out of?
Hopefully I'll rise to the occasion, but I'm not banking on it!

1 comment:

...BonneyJo said...

Yeah. Every once in a while I look through the closet, wondering why I have so many clothes and nothing to wear. I even go so far as to review each item that is currently too small for me and ask myself, "If I lost weight, would I wear this?" Most of the time I get a "no" answer from myself and just go on to the next item and never remove anything.

I've decided maybe it's just so I can try them on—use them as a known measure—to see if I've actually lost any weight. Then, when they fit (in my dreams), I'll toss them!