Total Pageviews

April 3, 2007

Give Honor Where Honor is Due

Sunday afternoon I returned to the Valley from Houston where the Lacy family welcomed the 2nd new member of the new and improved Lacy gang . (Everyone is doing fine and the 3rd new member will arrive this coming Thursday...there WILL be pictures!).
I arrived home in time to attend the 25th anniversary of Christian Fellowship Church and the evening service where their founding pastors, Ron and Anne Corzine were honored. Rick Godwin of Eagle's Nest in San Antonio gave a wonderful exhortation explaining honor which was richly seasoned with anecdotes of his association with Pastor Ron. There was a sweet reception afterwards with the required cake and punch and fellowship which few churches do with the panache that CFC musters for special events.

I can quote pieces of his wisdom, his sermons, his encouraging words because they were food to my hungry spirit and a balm when I was wounded. He is a fine piece of iron when I need sharpening and a piece of work when I need a laugh. I can tell you about his vibrant wife and her alter ego, Miss Ima (a delightful puppet character). I can still picture her Oscar worthy performance as a cat princess in one of the Life Vision Christmas plays. Anne can never be accused of holding back!
For all you do, Ron and Anne, this blog's for you! Thanks for the memories!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are so kind. ron

Anonymous said...

The end there sounds like a budweiser commercial, this buds for you!