Total Pageviews

April 8, 2007

Turn Out the Lights..The Party's Over

Well, all good things come to an end and it appears that my South Padre Island Realtor days are soon over. I'll be moving back to League City and becoming responsible again. Not that that is a bad thing, but it's a little anticlimatic after the rush of going across the causeway to work everyday. Lots of people and things I'll miss. The people know who they are...some may feel a measure of relief as I'm pretty high maintenance. I'll miss the shrimp at Dirty Al's, the ranch dressing at Marcello's, tortilla soup at Durado's and fish tacos at Capt Ron's. If you're at the Island, try to eat at those places. I'll miss Friday nite lights...the fireworks at Louie's Backyard. I'll miss wearing flipflops...had to wear regular shoes most of today and my toes were screaming by the time I kicked the shoes off! I'll miss the great birding and beautiful sunsets and blooming yuccas and cactus. I'll miss being able to go to a small movie theater.
But...I'll get to be with my family and new grandbabies and work with a good friend. It's all good!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are genuine and I Love you. I am not saying goodbye. Just see ya later - the party is NOT over....
Thank you for coming into my life.

Lori G. Flores said...

I'll tell you what, I have gotten more of my own work done in the last 3 weeks than I have done in the last year and a half!! I do miss you though. It isn't the same with out you. You came into my life suddenly and you were a grumply ol (I didn't finish that word) lady who needed lots of help all the time, but you left and you took a piece of my heart with you. You were more than a friend to me, you are my family. I looked and still do to for advice, love, and friendship. You may be in League City with your babies but you will always be in my heart and mind!

I love you Sara!!

(Can I die now? Get it?)j/k

Anonymous said...

Well said.