Total Pageviews

November 17, 2006

Twinkle, Twinkle

Baby Sis and I stayed up late last night. Very late! After midnight!! We were on a quest to see how many shooting stars we could see. It's time for the Leonid meteor shower and there's good news and bad news. Good news is that a) there was no moon so it was darker than it's been in years for the display and b) Baby Sis lives in Laguna Vista and the golf course has very few street lights so that the homeowners can enjoy the spectacular night sky! Lucky us!

I started meandering out at about 11 p.m. in case I caught sight of an over-achiever. Nothing. Well, except for the neighbor's sprinkler that came on and scared me silly. I just knew that it had to be the alligator hissing at me. (We have an alligator in the lake behind us and the ducks were making funny duck noises too) Nothing at 12 p.m., 12:30 p.m. or 1 p.m. I did notice that South Texas has more than it's share of airplanes flashing their presence way up high. I had to wonder if any of the passengers knew about the shooting stars.

Baby Sis saw the first one. She saw the most. I saw the biggest!! And I think some of hers were specks on her glasses. We packed it in about 2 a.m. We'll do it again tonight...maybe with lawn chairs and hot chocolate. Join us...if you're awake!

No comments: