Total Pageviews

November 20, 2006

Count Your Many Blessings...

Isn't it frustrating to give somebody a gift and not receive any acknowledgement? If I've ever done that to you, I apologize because it's one of my pet peeves. I don't expect a parade everytime I do something nice but it's nice to hear a "thanks". I like clerks who thank me for my business. No one will ever get rich off of anything I'm buying, but they thank me all the same and I like that. I can always shop elsewhere!
One of my goals is to be more grateful...for the gifts, for sure. But to also thank that person who's called me just when I needed to hear their voice, for that friend who knew I didn't have money for lunch and bought mine, for the gentleman who let me cut in line in traffic when most wouldn't, and for the checker in the store who's developing varicose veins while they're checking me out. These little opportunities to show gratitude mean alot to the person on the receiving end and they are making me a nicer person also.
I'm grateful to God, of course, for another day, another breath, another second to enjoy life. I'm grateful to my sons...who have given or are about to give me grandchildren (3 new little Lacy boys within 7 months!). I'm grateful for my husband who's given me this glorious opportunity to come sell real estate in such a beautiful place near both of my sisters. If you're reading my blog, thank you!
And on.....and on...........and on!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey I'm thankful for YOU!!! You can never die!!

I love you!

Anonymous said...

Why...... did I not say Thank You for my birthday present? I am greatful, you know!
Susan