Total Pageviews

May 15, 2006

Computer Tutor

I need one! A computer tutor that is. I remember when my sister's church got her a computer and I wondered what she'd done to make them mad at her. She obviously wasn't doing a good job if they had to buy a machine to help her along. She would tell me (as we talked on a regular phone connected to the wall) all of the things she could do with pictures and newsletters and newsletters with pictures. I just said "uh huh" and proceeded to thank God that I didn't have to learn all of that just to be functional. Jumping ahead some 25 years or so, I sit here at my computer that I have a love/hate relationship with. I love the speed and convenience that it offers. I just bought two parrot-faced mouse pads for my office all online...couldn't do that 25 years ago. A mouse pad at that time was the little hole in the wall where Jerry hid from Tom!

I am getting frustrated with my lack of skills though. I can't even change the picture here on my blog yet without asking my friend to do it for me. I'm signed up with a service that shall remain nameless because it has no name anyway, just initials! I'm hooked up with it's security service package and now, when it sends me stuff, it won't open up the pictures attached because it doesn't recognize where they came from. They sent the stupid things...they don't know who they are?? And I'm paying them money?

On the upside, I've learned how to make postcards for my business. On the downside, I've lost the pictures the kids sent me from Disney World because I'm not sure where I saved them (I think I'm up to three places to put pictures). On the upside, I can blog. On the downside, only a few of my nearest friends read it. My own Baby Sis won't read my blog...or anyone else's.

Think I'll be buying a copy of "Computers for Dummies" next time I'm at the mall...or can I find that on eBay?

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I read your blogs........I really do enjoy them. And from yours I discovered that preacher guy, I want to be his wife. No, not really, I just want one of those travel trailers. Really I want a few of them so I can decorate them differently but I really don't want to travel that far and fish in that really cold water. I am really use to our 90 degree Gulf of Mexico and my little pool.

Oh and yes you can buy it on ebay.

I am signing as cousin Cassie but is that second cousin or what? I have never understood that remove thing.

Also we also have in-laws in the family but really some of us/them are out-laws, (is that a nice way of saying black sheet)?

Anonymous said...

Hey girl, I too read your blog. I will even change the pictures for you when you are ready.

The Thomas Family said...

I check your blog daily! I actually enjoy your wit and wish you would write more often! Could you please inconvenience yourself by thinking up something thought provoking (or not) every day for my personal entertainment. . . please?!

Anonymous said...

I too read your blog daily. Love the Johnson sense of humor and the random observations you make. Keep 'em coming!

Anonymous said...

I am one of your 'few'(ha) friends that reads your blog daily just to see what you are up too next!
And thanks too for introducing(via the web) SOAP, and his family....I agree with CC tho,I want one (or more of those trailers, too).
Oh girl, you do such a great job on your blog, as well as the many other things you have your hands in! Keep up the great work!

Anonymous said...

I check out your blog regularly! I have always adored your wit and sense of humor. I miss ya!!

Anonymous said...

As your bestest friend ever, I also read your blog. You have always been astutely verbose as well as entertaining. I am glad you have finally found a receptive outlet for your humor and profound wisdom, so that others can appreciate you as much as I do.

The Thomas Family said...

I don't have grannasez in my favorites menu because I used to access it via a link from SoAP's blog. Dad messed something up on his site so the link is no longer there (this is no surprise because he has not once, but TWICE deleted someone's ENTIRE computer memory while trying to "help," but that's another story for another day), so now I have to type it in my browser EVERY DAY. My question is, does anyone else accidently type "grannaseX.blogsptot. . ." I do it EVERY time!

Anonymous said...

ok ok so I'm not a regular reader of blogs. Don't make me do my anti-blog spiel. I am amused by it in an abstract sick sorta way. I kinda feel like I'm peeking in someone's window and they like it.

Are any of GrannaSez' followers therapist? Hypnotist? Or like her just verbal voyeurs?