Total Pageviews

February 8, 2006

Time & Tide

Chaucer said, "time and tide wait for no man." After two weeks on the island, I've discovered that to be true. "If you snooze you lose" is another great quote but I'm not sure where that came from and it doesn't sound near as classy as Chaucer. This place is smack dab in the middle of the land of manana, but I've pretty much stayed on the run since I landed here. I'm hoping to take my test next week...just got my okay from the state in the mail.

What's been rattling around in my head is that I considered, pondered, weighed pros and cons for months before making the decision to uproot myself and come down here to sell real estate. While I was home in my comfort zone, the pace was slow, predictable, and I had all the time in the world to think about things. Once the die was cast and I headed south, the time and tide issue began to loom large on the horizon. Every day I drive to work and pass the Realtor offices, see the signs, go on the tours and set up listing and showing appointments. Every day that I'm not licensed, I see the industry moving along without any regard of my intentions. I need to get this show on the road!!!

Whatever you're considering in life, keep in mind that the tide will roll in and then you can watch it roll away again. Today is the day to get up and take a class, make a change, color your hair, call that old friend, whatever it is that's been calling to your heart. Clocks will never run backwards and tides come and go ~ ready or not!!

No comments: