Total Pageviews

February 2, 2006

Punxsutawney Phil Has Nothing on Me

Got up this morning, walked out on the patio and saw my shadow...didn't need a groundhog to tell me we're in for 6 more weeks of winter weather. Big difference is, Phil is in Punxsutawney PA and I'm on South Padre. It won't mean the same for me and the locals and the lucky tourists who chose February to come down. The weather is supposed to stay in the high 70's today and it's glorious.

I am concerned about the size of my shadow, though. Baby Sis and I have started walking and it's such a pleasure. I have found my comfort spot here because there are several people out walking at any given time of the day or night. What's better is that so many of them are similarly shaped like me and you know what?...no one notices. I think I might have died and gone to heaven!!!

Hopefully, my groundhog shape will soon morph into a svelte ferret. But down here, who cares?...the sun is still shining!

1 comment:

Hoots Musings said...

Glad you have arrived and are staying busy. God loves you and His plans for you are just unfolding!