Total Pageviews

February 10, 2007

I Will Survive

Like the song says..."I will survive." And I did! I turned 59 yesterday and woke up again today. How 'bout that? I remember my grandmother from when I was preschool and I thought she was ancient. She probably wasn't much older than I am now! Age must be a relative thing because I don't feel old. My friends don't seem old to me. Why, if you'd seen the party we had at our 40th reunion you'd have seen us rocking the night away and enjoying every minute...nobody looked old then. What's also interesting to me is that I felt older last year when I turned 58 than I did yesterday rolling over to 59. So, I might be getting older, but I'm not aging...and I don't intend to. I want to be vigorous enough to be like Caleb and take the mountain at 80; or like Sarah and fit enough to bear children at 90. Well, figuratively speaking. I'm facing a new decade next year...bring it on!

No comments: