Total Pageviews

April 27, 2006

Oh Happy Day

Today is a good day on so many levels. I closed my first sale and put the money in the bank. But not before heading out to birdwatch with Baby Sis. We saw stuff I'm going to need a book to identify. The birds experienced a "fall out" where the wind comes from the North and forces them to stay put until it blows from the South again. I saw several indigo buntings, hooded orioles, some orangy warbler, and two birds that had black and white mottled wings, one with a white belly and one with a yellow belly. There were also the tiny Lincoln sparrows and a little green thing I've not seen before. This is a great place for birding!!

Then, at work, I'm listening to my radio and heard a "muzak" version of "Sukiyaki." I don't know why, as I've already told a friend, but that song makes me happy...even the version of the guy singing the words in Japanese. I have to wonder if it's really about a plate of food or if "sukiyaki" means something significant in Japan. I don't have a special memory, it wasn't "our song", I just like the way it sounds and it puts me in a good mood when I hear it. So does "59th Street Bridge Song." "Summer Breeze" is my all time favorite for taking me to my happy place. Am I the only one affected like that? Am I just easily amused? Don't know and don't really care. I just know that today is a happy day!!

3 comments:

CottonSr said...

When we were growing up in Harlingen, I doubt many of us heard about that bird refuge, or any other type. I grew up on a farm, so I was around and appreciated a lot of nature. But the Valley is special about many things, and that refuge is one of them. I keep reading about it. Better places for nature than our farm and I didn't even know.

Also, the Valley has more variety and quantity of butterflies than any spot in the entire United States. I read some statistic just a month or two ago, and it's unbelievable even. Like more than the whole Eastern Seaboard, though I don't think that was it.

I love classical Japanese. Since I was eight years old it was so strong that I did wonder, even at eight, if I had a special memory, for Japan and India.

When I was in Okinawa I bought a Koto classical album and later, one with the bamboo flute. Then James Gallway came up with an album on classical Japanese and now my youngest son plays this stuff on the violin. I burnt a special CD for him to listen and imitate.

I know of Sukiyaki, heard some of the music, I do like it, see why you do, but the classical is wonderful. Paid political ad.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your closing. The reward for a job well done is what makes me enjoy this business so much. What other industry is there where every day brings different challenges and where you can really help people achieve part of their dreams? I wish you many more similar days. You have officially planted the seed for your referral tree!
Keep it up.

Anonymous said...

I'm impressed with your site, very nice graphics!
»