Total Pageviews

April 6, 2006

You Can Go Home Again

I went home to League City for a week and just got back to work. I was glad to go home, glad to come back, and I'm looking forward to the next trip back. When I moved back to the Valley, I referred to my move as "going home." It felt like home when I saw the first palm trees up by Raymondville. I'm thoroughly enjoying being back in my old stomping grounds. It was good to leave the Valley and it's good to be back. I noticed that when I began to talk about going back to League City that I told everyone I was "going home" for a week. It felt like home when I turned down Calder Road and headed for the house. Before I left there, I was telling all my friends that it was time for me to head home and get back to work.

They say that home is where the heart is. A piece will always be here in the Valley. Another is in League City. A big chunk is in Fredericksburg where my grandkids are. There's even a part in Heaven with my family.

Lucky for me, I've got a big heart!

4 comments:

CottonSr said...

Very sweet. Kind of perked me up.

Anonymous said...

Isn't is wonderful to have so many friends in so many places. We are truly blessed.

Anonymous said...

Isn't is wonderful to have so many friends in so many places. We are truly blessed.

Anonymous said...

I feel like Dickinson is home, not only because I live here, but because I have lived here longer than anywhere in my life. That has been a total of 10 places. Consider that I am 54, and 26 years have been here.