Total Pageviews

June 9, 2012

Desperado

  A great friend of mine posts a Word for the Day devotional for a group of ladies.  She recently had one that she made a comment on that said, " I have found that most people don’t want to change until the situation is so desperate they have to."  I've seen this with people who get sick, lose relationships, gain weight and a host of other situations that makes you wonder why people ignore warning signs.  I think it may have to do with the thought that bad things happen to other people...not me!  I've been one of those people and that particular stronghold is very much alive and hard to exorcise!  I guess I could be a modern day desperado just living my life according to whatever happens on a particular day and then face the stress of having to deal with that "whatever".
  My prayer for myself (and any other desperadoes out there) is to make today a day of change.  I really don't want to find myself facing God as an unfaithful servant having hidden the talent I was given. 
  Laying it at your feet, Lord.  Help me exorcise...then exercise!!
 

No comments: