Total Pageviews

February 5, 2008

Write Now, Right Now

Someone recently pointed out that I hadn't written anything lately. If you're wondering if I ran away, I did...but I came back. Sometimes life just happens and happens hard. I took some time off to regroup and I think I have it together...or at least I'm moving in that direction. I also took a great word I read and 2008 is the year for me to:
1) Release my children to their destiny (and quit trying to help it along!) - have you every seen that saying "Never try to teach a pig to sing. It won't work and it annoys the pig." Not that I think my children are pigs as I've raised three wonderful boys who are producing wonderful grandchildren, but the point of trying to ... well, I think you get the point!
2) Quit trying to be skinny! I'm aiming for healthy and pledging to make a concerted effort to lose weight along the way, but I have to realize that it is what it is! Even if I could get into a bikini, it still wouldn't be pretty.
3) Get back to regular church attendance. I know, you can worship God under a tree, but I have discovered that I thrive and my spirit thrives on constant, regular contact with other believers. And they're not meeting under trees.
I'd move along to items 4 - 104 but I'm on my lunch hour at work and since they aren't about you, you might get bored.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love you just the way you are!
Good for you for taking the time to sort thru the things that get us all sometimes....Something about our generation of moms...we often think we can be all and fix all....not always so! Time to just be you! Let everyone else fend for themselves....it will all work out, maybe not according to our plan but, perhaps according to the masters plan. Missed you while you were gone.

Anonymous said...

Yea!!! You are back! You mean there is still stuff I have to sort out when my kids are grown and out of the house? Crap! Life is a journey, thus the name of our church. And I guess our journey doesn't always entail sipping Pina Caladas on a quiet ocean shore, but sometimes stranded on the side of the road figuring out where our next destination is and how to get there without killing those traveling with us. And us curvy girls were "the bomb" back in the day. We're coming back, baby!

Anonymous said...

SARA--

WE HAVEN'T BEEN AROUND EACH OTHER VERY MUCH.
HOWEVER; I LOVE YOU TO DEATH!!
ENJOY YOUR WIT & WISDOM!!!

SAY "HIGH" TO MIKEY.

RICHARD