Total Pageviews

July 8, 2006

Updating the Downtime

I miss writing here. It's like learning to eat a new dish of some sort. I eat it twice a week for several months and then...nothing...not a bite, not a serving, not even a thought. When I started blogging, I had lots of time and lots to say. I still have lots to say. No. 1 is don't eat at the Chinese Garden on the Island until I get back to you. I got a go plate today, a "C-3" plus soup. It was pepper steak, sweet 'n sour chicken, rice and egg roll. I ordered the hot & sour soup extra. $7.19 later, I'm at the office and I got fried rice and pepper steak, soup, two fortune cookies, no spoon, no egg roll, and no sweet 'n sour chicken. Oh, I've got lots to say about that when I go back again (the food wasn't awful, just the service). No. 2 is that the fireworks here over 4th of July were pretty darn spectacular and I was wishing my grandkids were here to watch them with me. There's more, but I digress.

My issue today is how I've let this wonderful outlet slide. I love my small but devoted fan club (which doesn't include Baby Sister) and I love stringing words together to make a point, tell a joke, or encourage a heart. I just noticed that the original punch began to fade. Maybe it's like falling in love, all hot and heavy in the beginning, then interest fading just a touch, then morphing into a comfortable partnership that wears like an old pair of slippers...not much to talk about but impossible to live without. I can't imagine not writing something at least every now and then. My passion for it isn't there. Maybe it'll return when I get my business in more of an orderly pattern. That's a pretty ambitious goal for this Realtor. Reading my friend Bob's book he wrote as he turned 40 made me realize how much I missed checking in. He wrote a fictional diary to his pastor. Pretty funny stuff.

I'll get my groove back and write more. I think I may redo my picture. I've been talking about it. Think I'll work on that during my next quiet time at work. Stay tuned!...if you're still out there!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Still here, keep talking! Bob's book is good!

The Thomas Family said...

I'm still here too. My sister started blogging and links her readers to you. Well, she tries to link them to you, but she entered the wrong URL. She tried, though. www.animationofamy.blogspot.com