Total Pageviews

June 14, 2006

It's Here!

Well, members of the Class of '66 are starting to trickle in. We've got about three days or so to party and reminisce about the good old days. It's still hard to believe that any of us are old enough to be attending a 40 year reunion. My nephew will be here on the island attending his 20th reunion. I don't know which makes me feel older!

I didn't lose the weight, didn't make the big money in real estate or buy a '66 Mustang...all goals of mine when the reunion talk first started. Still, those goals won't determine the fun I'll have. I sometimes think goals are overrated. Necessary, maybe, but overrated. If I had a nickel for every goal not met in the world, I'd have the Mustang and the money. I'd still be battling the weight though.

As it is, Cardinal spirit will be alive and well on South Padre this weekend. We'll sing and dance to the music of the Malibus and mist up when it's time to sing the Alma Mater. We'll hug and kiss and promise to get together again. I love reunions!!

No comments: