Total Pageviews

August 23, 2007

Cat ~ Without a Dictionary

Every now and again I check out an article on the AOL news that's tickled my fancy. At the end of alot of the articles there's a place to vote your opinion (like anyone in the universe really cares what I think about Britney buzzing her head). Way down below the vote is the place where cyberslugs can offer their opinion about the news item. Again...like anyone cares.
What is funnier to me than their actual comments, which often border on moronic, is their spelling. I read an article years ago about how teachers were abandoning the practice of teaching spelling as correct spelling can interfere with a young student's creative juices. At the time I thought it sounded pretty lame. After reading these posts, I'm guessing that the teachers went ahead with that plan and threw spelling books and lists out the window.
Even with that, you'd think that the writers (and I use that term in the loosest sense) would at least hit the spell check on their computers before they post their comments. I guess if spelling isn't important, why bother to correct it even if you have an "easy" button.
If u ken reed thiz think a teechur.

No comments: